How You Can Help
- Give blood -the need is great – www.redcrossblood.org
- Sign up to volunteer and help our senior community at Capitol Hill Village
- Purchase a gift card or certificate at your favorite Capitol Hill retailer or service provider- view the CHAMPS directory here
- Order delivery for lunch or dinner! The Hill Is Home and Eastern Market Main Street , along with others, have great lists of local restaurants doing carryout or delivery. (PS takeout is safe – read here to find out why.)
- DC Small Business Microgrants – deadline is 6 PM on March 31. Get your application in as soon as possible.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans, including a PowerPoint on applying
Families First Coronavirus Response Act and employer paid leave obligations
This Federal measure requires employers with fewer than 500 employees and government employers are required to provide two weeks of paid sick leave, paid at the employee’s regular rate, to employees. Employers with fewer than 50 employees can seek an exemption from the Department of Labor if providing this leave would jeopardize the viability of their business. Per DOL ” To elect this small business exemption, you should document why your business with fewer than 50 employees meets the criteria set forth by the Department, which will be addressed in more detail in forthcoming regulations.” DOL Frequently Asked Questions
What questions do you have in navigating and taking advantage of the DC and Federal coronavirus laws and regulations? Contact CHAMPS to see how we can help!