Security Camera Rebate Program Provides Assistance to Hill Businesses Installing Security Cameras
This spring, Mayor Bowser rolled out a Security Camera Rebate Program that Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen led through the Council. This program provides financial assistance to businesses that install security cameras that face public space.
Almost every block of Ward 6 is covered in this program; the full list of Ward 6 PSAs includes 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 307, 308, and 507. The priority areas outlined will remain the only eligible areas until July 31, 2016, at which time the entire city will become eligible.
Residents, businesses, non-profits, and religious institutions in these PSAs are now eligible to apply for the program. Complete information about the program, as well as the rebate application form, can be found here. The program can also be reached by phone at 202-727-5124 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are a few of the specifics (and the full details are here):
- Rebates are eligible for camera systems purchased and installed after September 22, 2015.
- Systems must be registered with the Metropolitan Police Department.
- Residents, businesses, non-profits, and religious institutions are eligible.
- The program provides a rebate of up to $200 per camera, with a maximum rebate of $500 for a residential address, and $750 for all other addresses.
- Specific guidelines on minimum and recommended specifications on the cameras and system can be found here.