Labyrinth Games & Puzzles Sponsors WashingCon
DC’s OWN GAME CONVENTION GROWS FOR THIRD YEAR
SEPTEMBER 9 and 10, 2017
WashingCon offers a weekend of board, card, and other games for the growing tabletop gaming community.
Washington, DC (August 8, 2017): The third annual WashingCon tabletop game convention comes to the Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center, Saturday and Sunday, September 9 and 10.
With over 1,200 game fans of all ages expected, WashingCon offers hundreds of chances to try face-to-face gaming, from party games to complicated strategy to fun games and activities for kids. The con is a short walk from the heart of historic Georgetown.
Kathleen Donahue, owner of Labyrinth Games and Puzzles on Capitol Hill and co-sponsor of the event, says, “It’s incredible how many people in D.C. love board games and card games, so we are excited about serving this community with WashingCon 2017.”
WashingCon’s dedication to tabletop games gives a unique opportunity for a growing community to gather, play together, and learn. This year’s expanded convention features:
- Library of over 500 games to borrow and play.
- Tournaments for all levels of gamers, run by professional judges.
- Demonstrations from major game publishers.
- Chance to buy games at special prices.
- Dedicated room for role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons™.
- Door prizes, free games, and giveaways.
- Famous game designers from around the world.
- Panels about games and game design.
- Unpub Protozone showcase of upcoming games from local independent designers.
- Costume parades and special Family Zone for kids 3- 12.
All events are free with a WashingCon registration.
Tickets for adults are $40 for both days or $25 for Sunday only. Kids under 12 get both days for $30 or $15 for Sunday only. Kids 2 and under are free. Tickets can be bought online at http://washingcon.com or on the day of the show.
For more information contact Ben Rosset at (202) 669-1782 or email at email@example.com.