Free Trainings from the DC Office of Human Rights
Here in DC, we value the diversity of our residents, visitors, and employees, and we know you do, too. However, navigating your legal obligations under DC’s civil rights laws can sometimes be difficult even with the best of intentions. Last year, over $3.89 million was awarded to civil rights complainants through the DC Office of Human Rights (OHR)’s mediation program, but many cases could have been avoided by better knowledge of the law. That’s why OHR is pleased to offer a free training series for DC’s business owners, supervisors, HR managers, customer service staff, and housing providers in order to discuss some best practices on following the laws. Here’s a list of their upcoming trainings:
- Overview of Civil Rights Laws for Employers
- Criminal Background Checks in the Hiring Process
- Understanding Source of Income & Fair Housing
- Customer Service & Civil Rights Laws
- Reasonable Accommodations in the Workplace
Please register at http://ohr.dc.gov/events. Registration is free but required!