Business Sector’s Role in Solving Social Issues
CHAMPS Board of Directors member Skip Thompson spoke on a panel at Social Impact 360’s Shift Series this past weekend to address the business sector’s role in solving social issues.
Skip addressed CHAMPS role saying, “Our job is to be an advocate for small businesses by providing them with resources and information about issues that will impact their business. This involves supporting solutions to critical social issues that directly affect our businesses and their employees.”
The Shift Series brought together young social entrepreneurs to develop creative partnerships to create solutions to today’s social issues while also developing diverse and sustainable revenue streams. Shift Series brings together more than 150 students and alumni from leading universities, social and tech entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and corporate executives for a multi-disciplinary discussion around how we can prepare the next generation of socially conscious leaders.
About Social Impact 360
Social Impact 360’s value-based young social entrepreneurs create businesses for social impact and work within corporate America to solve the world’s greatest problems. https://socialimpact360.org/
- First & largest mentoring organization in the US for young social entrepreneurs
- A nation-wide network of young people who are changing the world
- Chapters operate out of major universities across the country, including Duke University, Emory University, Fordham University, Georgetown University, Howard University, and Indiana University
- More than 1,000 alums who are creating their own values-driven businesses for social impact and/or creating social change within top corporations worldwide, including Deloitte, Accenture, etc.
- SI360 provides the resources, relationships, training, and support to build the future for good